Get Relief from Pain, Tingling, and Numbness in Your Lower Back and Legs with Sciatica Treatment
Do you or a loved one suffer pain, tingling, pins and needles, and/or numbness in the low back, buttocks, legs, or feet? These are classic symptoms of sciatica.
Here at Algonquin Chiropractic Center, Dr. Galante has successfully helped numerous sciatica patients over the years reduce their pain and take back their lives.
Learn more about this condition and how we treat it.
Sciatica is a term that describes a common set of symptoms. There are various different causes and factors that can result in sciatica, and it’s up to your chiropractor to determine the underlying issue to effectively address your symptoms.
The symptoms can occur anywhere along the sciatic nerve, which is the longest nerve in your body, running from the lower back down the buttocks and into the foot. Many of the underlying issues that can cause sciatica have to do with this nerve being pinched or compressed in some way.
- Pain can be mild to excruciating, and tends to flare up when you are:
- Waking up in the morning
- Sitting down
- Coughing or sneezing
- Bending over
- Rolling over in bed
- Burning in the low back, buttocks, leg, and foot
- Numbness, tingling, or “pins and needles” in the leg and foot
- Typically, the low back pain is worse than the leg pain
How Does Algonquin Chiropractic Center Treat Sciatica?
Among the most important tools for chiropractors treating sciatica is the Cox Technic. This natural, drug-free, non-surgical treatment gently stretches the lower lumbar spine to relieve disc and nerve pressure and pain.
The Cox Technic is only part of a complete treatment plan. Here’s a rundown of what you can expect when you visit Algonquin Chiropractic Center for sciatica:
- A warm welcome from sympathetic staff.
- A consultation with a licensed doctor of chiropractic, discussing how sciatica is affecting your life.
- A chiropractic examination measuring body alignment, range of motion, muscle strength, and more.
- An orthopedic and neurological evaluation including tests measuring deep tendon reflexes, sensory and motor functions, and nerve root tension.
- Diagnostic imaging such as X-ray or MRI will be considered and blood work ordered as needed.
- A report of all findings.
An individualized treatment plan will be designed for your specific situation, that might include but isn’t limited to:
- The Cox Technic
- Spinal Manipulation
- Physical Therapy Modalities
- Orthotic Therapy
- Muscle and Soft Tissue Treatment (including Massage Therapy)
- Super Pulsed Laser
- Whole Body Standing Vibration
- Home Exercise Programs
- Diet and Nutrition
If you or a loved one are suffering from symptoms similar to those described above, a consultation can evaluate you for sciatica.
It’s time to consult a professional who can help you figure it out and plan out your next steps.
Dr. Galante has been effectively treating sciatica at Algonquin Chiropractic Center for many years. Dr. Galante has the experience necessary to help reduce your pain, restore lost functionality, and reclaim those daily activities that you may not have been able to do anymore, whether it’s playing your favorite sport or just being able to walk with less pain.
Call us to schedule a consultation today!