Dr. Galante Is Certified in Sports Medicine
In addition to being a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), Dr. Galante’s also a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP). Not only can he reduce your pain from sports injuries, but he can also help you reach optimal bodily functioning for athletic performance and overall health.
What Is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician?
Certified Sports Chiropractors make up the top tier in the chiropractic profession. Accordingly, they demonstrate special knowledge of sports injuries, physical fitness, and bodily movement. They apply their knowledge of musculoskeletal function and athletic training to help you achieve total body wellness and peak athletic performance.
Earning this certification requires a minimum of 100 hours of post-doctoral education in sports medicine topics. Education concludes with an exam from the American Chiropractic Board
of Sports Physicians. The courses are taught by credible chiropractic colleges, and the program as a whole is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, an organization that ensures that certification programs adhere to modern industry standards.
So, what does this certification equip Dr. Galante to handle?
What Sports-Related Injuries Do We Treat?
Sports chiropractors specialize in physical fitness as well as treating and preventing sports-related injuries. These injuries often occur while playing or training for a sport, and are categorizable as overuse injuries or traumatic injuries.
Examples of sports-related injuries which we treat include:
- ACL sprains
- Ankle sprains
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle strains
- Shin splints
- Spinal stress fractures
- Neck and low back pain
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Knee pain
- And much more…
How Does Seeing a CCSP Benefit Athletes and Non-Athletes?
This type of care is so effective that many of the world's most famous athletes from a wide range of sports use chiropractic care to remain in optimal shape. From golf to boxing and basketball to football, here are a few of the most notable professional athletes using chiropractic care:
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Actor and bodybuilder known worldwide for his roles in high-profile action movies.
- Michael Jordan: The NBA has officially stated that Michael Jordan is the greatest basketball player of all time.
- Jerry Rice: Widely considered one of the best wide receivers in NFL history - and the one with the longest career.
- Tiger Woods: Widely regarded as one of the greatest golfers of all time.
- Joe Montana: Regarded by many as one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play in the NFL.
- Wade Boggs: Baseball player who earned a spot in the National Baseball Hall of Fame for hitting 118 home runs.
- Evander Holyfield: Currently the only boxer in history to win the undisputed championship in two weight classes.
- Tom Brady: Former quarterback who won seven Super Bowl rings during his 23 year career.
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Soccer player who became the first professional athlete to surpass $1 billion in career earnings in 2020.
While patients often sustain these injuries during sports, athletes aren’t the only ones who benefit from seeing a certified sports chiropractor. You may find it helpful to understand the benefits these all-star athletes reap from their chiropractic care. Below is a breakdown of the benefits for both athletes and non-athletes.
- Recover from injuries faster and return to play sooner.
- Access to a wider range of available treatment tools.
- Expertise in preventative strategies and high-performance athletics.
- Helpful guidance for your athletic training.
- Nutritional consultation with a sports focus.
- Individualized treatment plans.
- Treatments and preventative exercises that are sports-specific.
- Treatment that can be integrated with your training.
- Be treated the same way professional athletes, Division 1 college athletes, and elite high-school athletes are treated
- Your injury has a “pain generator,” we’ll find it.
- Learn corrective exercises to prevent future injuries.
- Treatment with a holistic whole-body approach.
- Get the latest treatment methods developed for athletes.
So, whether you’re a high-performance athlete or just a casual enthusiast, come see Dr. Galante at Algonquin Chiropractic Center to treat and prevent sports injuries using the latest expert techniques.