One Injury Affects 3 Million People
- More than 3 million Americans are injured by a whiplash injury every year.
- About 10% of those injured become permanently disabled.
- “Minor” neck injuries account for up to 60% of all permanent impairment claims.
- Nearly half of all chronic neck pain in America is due to car crashes
- About 9% of all Americans suffer from chronic neck pain due to rear impact collisions.
Dr. Galante is Committed to Helping You!
We are sharing this information with you to keep you informed, improve your health and well-being and help you understand critical health care information and how it impacts your health and your wallet. If you would like to learn more about rehabilitation in Algonquin, call us today. So what are the implications?
Injuries from motor vehicle crashes can be extremely painful and can become chronic (lasting more than 3 months). Millions of people are injured every year and thousands become temporarily or permanently disabled as well as thousands of lost days from work. What should I do after an accident?
1. Go to a doctor or to the emergency department right after the police have arrived and finished their investigation of the auto accident, even if you feel that your injuries are slight or non-existent. Why? Frequently, people do not feel pain immediately after an automobile wreck, though they are stiff and in pain the next day. Pain sometimes takes several days or even weeks before the pain appears. A doctor will be able to document your injuries and help you get the treatment that you need.
2. Use ice packs or cold compresses to control pain and inflammation.
3. Stay active within your pain tolerance, avoid prolonged periods of driving or sitting. Walking, treadmill and stationary bike are great ways in increase blood flow and avoid atrophy while not aggravating the injury.
4. Topical analgesics can be helpful.
5. Targeted anti-inflammatory diet and nutrition can help control inflammation and pain.
6. Manipulation and soft tissue techniques are often necessary to heal damaged soft tissue and restore proper joint function.
Remember health is a journey and not a destination. What you do in the practice of health care will go miles and pay dividends over time.
If you still feel that you are struggling in creating a healthy living plan, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Galante has powerful programs that will teach you the specific steps that will help you to become and stay healthier. If you would like to learn more about rehabilitation in Algonquin, we would love to hear from you!
Call for your consultation 847-854-2000.
Mention this article and receive $25 off your initial visit.
Our Mission – To educate and inform patients so you can make educated decisions to improve your health.
Algonquin Chiropractic Center
2210 Huntington Drive North
Algonquin, IL 60102