Dr. Anthony R. Galante, DC CCSP
Patient to Provider
Before he became a doctor of chiropractic (DC), Dr. Galante was a patient just like you. He grew up with back pain, a problem shared by much of his family. His father had stenosis and arthritis, his mother had back pain, his grandfather had two low back surgeries (neither of which helped), and several of his aunts and uncles dealt with back pain as well.
With back pain so prevalent in his family, it wasn’t surprising that Dr. Galante’s history of low back pain started as early as middle school. For years the nagging pain was there—until, at the age of 17, a hard hit in a hockey game landed him on his hip, his back flared up, and he found himself in a chiropractor’s office.
His injury had the chiropractor stumped. Three weeks of treatment didn’t produce much improvement, so they changed techniques and added some exercises. The low back pain went away…until the next summer.
While working his summer job at Ace Hardware, Dr. Galante spent a shift lifting air conditioners. The next morning, he couldn’t even get out of bed, and was bedridden for a whole week. He made another trip to the chiropractor and after some improvement he returned to work—but this time, some residual pain lingered.
Dr. Galante’s low back pain was intermittent and soon traditional chiropractic techniques weren’t helping. When the condition persisted into his 30s, Dr. Galante resolved to find a solution, and with some searching, he found one: the Cox Technic relieved Dr. Galante’s back pain for the first time in years!
Now, Dr. Galante lives in Algonquin with his wife and two children, where he uses the Cox Technic in addition to numerous other treatments to improve his patients’ quality of life. He utilizes treatments including physical therapy, manipulation, super pulsed laser, whole body standing vibration, rebuilder therapy, orthotic therapy, spinal bracing, TENS units, and massage therapy.
Qualifications in Chiropractic Care
Dr. Galante is a licensed Chiropractic Physician serving the Algonquin and Lake in the Hills communities. He is dedicated to applying the natural, drug-free chiropractic approach to healthcare and helping people in the community improve their health and quality of life.
Here’s a breakdown of Dr. Galante’s qualifications:
- Graduated from the National University of Health Sciences in 1992.
- This curriculum, which first requires a bachelor’s degree, consists of a minimum 4,200 hours of study in classroom, laboratory, and clinical settings—equivalent to that of a medical doctor.
- To become a licensed chiropractor in Illinois, Dr. Galante completed a certification exam with the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
- Minimum average of 50 hours of ongoing education per year to maintain chiropractic license.
- Illinois requires a minimum 150 hours per 3-year renewal period—60 hours of formal coursework, and 90 hours of consultations, medical writing, teaching, teleconferences, and peer review.
- Earned a certification in the Cox Technic for Lumbar Spine, at the National University of Health Sciences in 2001.
- While about 63.7% of chiropractic physicians practice the Cox Technic, only 2-4% of chiropractors are certified in the procedure, which requires a 30-hour course followed by written and practical exams.
- In 2017, Dr. Galante participated in the second course offered of the Cox Technique in cervical spine, and is now certified in the Cox Technic for Cervical Spine.
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP).
- Certification requires a minimum of 100 hours of post-doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics, followed by an exam with the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians.
- Maintains membership in both the Illinois Chiropractic Society and the American Chiropractic Association.
- Author of The Sciatica Survival Guide, a valuable resource for educating patients on this condition.
Dr. Galante’s mission is to help people not only get well, but to stay well, and to do it naturally, without the use of unnecessary drugs and surgeries.
Call for a consultation today and learn more about this noninvasive approach to treatment!