Dr. Galante Is Certified in Sports Medicine
In addition to being a Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), Dr. Galante’s also a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician (CCSP). This means he’s well-equipped not only to reduce your pain from sports injuries, but also to help you reach optimal bodily functioning for athletic performance and overall health.
What Is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician?
Certified Sports Chiropractors make up the top tier in the chiropractic profession. They’re armed with specialized knowledge of sports injuries, physical fitness, and bodily movement. They apply their advanced knowledge of musculoskeletal function and athletic training to help you achieve total body wellness and peak athletic performance.
Earning this certification requires a minimum of 100 hours of post-doctoral education in specialized sports medicine topics. This is followed by an exam with the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians. The courses are taught by accredited chiropractic colleges, and the program as a whole is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies, an organization that ensures that certification programs adhere to modern industry standards.
So, what does this certification equip Dr. Galante to handle?
What Sports-Related Injuries Do We Treat?
Sports chiropractors specialize in physical fitness as well as treating and preventing sports-related injuries. These injuries often occur while playing or training for a sport, and can be categorized as overuse injuries or traumatic injuries.
Examples of sports-related injuries which we treat include:
- ACL sprains
- Ankle sprains
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle strains
- Shin splints
- Spinal stress fractures
- Neck and low back pain
- Shoulder and rotator cuff injuries
- Knee pain
- And much more…
How Does Seeing a CCSP Benefit Athletes and Non-Athletes?
While these injuries are often sustained during sports, athletes aren’t the only ones who benefit from seeing a certified sports chiropractor. Here’s a breakdown of the benefits for both athletes and non-athletes.
- Recover from injuries faster and return to play sooner.
- Access to a wider range of available treatment tools.
- Expertise in preventative strategies and high-performance athletics.
- Helpful guidance for your athletic training.
- Nutritional consultation with a sports focus.
- Individualized treatment plans.
- Treatments and preventative exercises that are sports-specific.
- Treatment that can be integrated with your training.
- Be treated the same way professional athletes, Division 1 college athletes, and elite high-school athletes are treated
- Your injury has a “pain generator,” we’ll find it.
- Learn corrective exercises to prevent future injuries.
- Treatment with a holistic whole-body approach.
- Get the latest treatment methods developed for athletes.
So, whether you’re a high-performance athlete or just a casual enthusiast, come see Dr. Galante at Algonquin Chiropractic Center to treat and prevent sports injuries using the latest expert techniques.