Dr. Galante VS. Spine Surgery
Did You Know…
Your first choice of doctor will determine what type of treatment you receive. The prestigious Spine Journal reports initiating care with an orthopedic or neurologic surgeon for low back pain results in surgery rate of 42.7% while initiating care with a Doctor of Chiropractic results in a surgical rate of 1.5%!
And according to the Mayo Clinic “back surgery is needed in only a small percentage of cases.”
Dr. Galante, a Lake in the Hills chiropractor is Committed to Helping You!
We are sharing this information with you to keep you informed, improve your health and well-being and help you understand critical health care information and how it impacts your health and your wallet. So what are the implications?
Back pain is epidemic. Back surgery rates have skyrocketed since the 1990’s. Why? Listen to what a prominent researcher says, “there is little evidence spinal surgery is associated with improved outcomes.”
With new surgical techniques and an increase in surgeons, surgery is being recommended and performed at an alarming rate. Surgery comes with numerous potential complications, a significant recovery time and a significant cost. And considering failed back surgery rates approach 40-60% your best bet is to avoid surgery. How?
Here are some tips:
- Diet and Nutrition – Follow an “anti-inflammatory” diet and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Exercise – Low impact aerobic cardio and core strengthening exercises.
- Sleep – You spend a third of your life asleep, make sure you have a good mattress.
- .Lifestyle modification – Prolonged periods of sitting, smoking, obesity, heavy lifting and sedentary lifestyle have all been implicated in lower back pain.
- Spinal Health – Regular chiropractic visits maintain spinal mobility, decrease pressure on sensitive disc and nerve tissue and improves your immunity.
Remember health is a journey and not a destination. What you do in the practice of health care will go miles and pay dividends over time.
If you still feel that you are struggling in creating a healthy living plan, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Galante, a Lake in the Hills chiropractor, has powerful programs that will teach you the specific steps that will help you to become and stay healthier.
Call for your consultation 847-854-2000.
Mention this article and receive $25 off your initial visit.
Our Mission – To educate and inform patients so you can make educated decisions to improve your health.
Algonquin Chiropractic Center
2210 Huntington Drive North
Algonquin, IL 60102