10 Ways to Breath Cleaner Air
Duke University researchers looked at changes in air quality and deaths from respiratory diseases and found correlation between better air and fewer deaths.
Duke University researchers recently looked at changes in air quality and deaths from respiratory diseases between 1993 to 2010 and found a strong correlation between better air and fewer deaths.
Published in The International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, the study showed that when sulfur dioxide, particulate matter, nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide decreased markedly month to month, so did deaths from emphysema, asthma and pneumonia.
Even after controlling for smoking and seasonal variations in respiratory death rates, the correlations remained.
“Even mild improvement in air quality will help reduce mortality from respiratory disease,” said Julia Kravchenko, the study’s lead author.
What can you do to breath cleaner air?
1. Exercise in the morning before pollution levels rise from cars, factories, etc…
2. Consider a Whole-House Electronic Air Cleaner on your homes HVAC system, to trap 99% of airborne particles.
3. Consider Ultraviolet Air Purifier in your home’s duct work to kill bacteria, viruses and fungi.
4. Portable air cleaners are great for cleaning the air in smaller rooms. Use a “Four Stage” Air Purifier.
5. Don’t idle your car in your attached garage, fumes will get into the house.
6. Keep the humidity low, consider a dehumidifier in the basement. Molds like to grow in higher humidity.
7. If you have pets, groom and brush them frequently to remove excess hair, vacuum frequently.
8. Get your air ducts cleaned, especially if you have had work done in the house that causes dust or have pets.
9. Change your cars cabin filter as needed.
10. Grow real plants indoors! They are the best air cleaner of all!
Remember health is a journey and not a destination. What you do in the practice of health care will go miles and pay dividends over time.
If you still feel that you are struggling in creating a healthy living plan, you will be thrilled to know that Dr. Galante has powerful programs that will teach you the specific steps that will help you to become and stay healthier.